I have been very impressed with a small group of athletes who have been at practice every day or close to everyday. This group will go this weekend and race well, maybe even PR. Kudos to you.
On the other hand, I have been extremely unimpressed with some of your efforts to be at practice, and I am not talking about this past Holiday week. I think some of you think this Foot Locker trip is just a "Joy Ride", but it is not. This is the Western US XC Regional Championships that we are attending, and some of you are going to get extremely embarrassed! I have been very tempted to tell those who have been slacking with coming to practice tough luck and tell you to try and get your money back from Provo High. Because of the slackers this post season, we will have more strict rules in the future during, and especially after, the season. I am NOT impressed and actually quite annoyed with some of your commitment levels to this race, especially after I have been there at practice everyday, off the clock, on my own time! I better see everyone that is planning on going to Foot Locker at some of the practices the next couple of days or you will not go with us Thursday.
Monday - 3:20pm @ Trail head of Juniper Crest (church)
Tuesday - 3:20pm @ Monarch Meadows
Wednesday - 3:20pm @ Monarch Meadows
Thursday - Leave HS to California at 6:00am
A couple of things to know for newbies:
- We are staying at the Best Western Hotel in West Covina CA.
- You need money for food and snacks, other than the breakfasts provided by the hotel.
- I have to have the permission slip signed and in my hands before we leave.
- Don't forget your running shoes and racers. You might want road shoes or blank spikes in your spikes for the race.
- You need to have parents excuse you or do a vacation release for Thursday and Friday if you haven't already, (this is not a Jordan District activity, it is through Provo High).
- You need to be caught up on classwork and assignments before you leave.
- Do NOT test rules on this trip, especially in the Hotels or you will be going home via parents.
- We will get back to the HS late Sunday night.
- Let's go have fun, race hard, and be the most respectful and well behaved team there!
Rory Linkletter raced at the Canadian Junior Nationals on Saturday in Vancouver and took 3rd with a time of 26:42 on an 8k XC course. This earned him a spot on the Canadian Junior National Team that will compete at the Junior World XC Championships. Congrats to Rory, that is awesome! RESULTS