Remember this is through Provo High, not Jordan District, so you will all need to have parents excuse Thursday and Friday for vacation and take a vacation release around to your teachers. Make sure to get any work needed so you don't fall behind those two days.
I have been very impressed with most of the athletes who have been at practice every day or close to everyday. This group will go this weekend and race well, maybe even PR. Kudos to you!
On the other hand, I have been extremely unimpressed with some of your efforts to be at practice, and I am not talking about this past Holiday week. I think some of you think this Foot Locker trip is just a "Joy Ride", but it is not. This is the Western US XC Regional Championships that we are attending, and some of you could get extremely embarrassed! Everyone that is planning on going to Foot Locker should make it a priority to be at practice the next couple of days.
Monday - 3:20pm @ Rosecrest Park
Tuesday - 3:20pm @ Monarch Meadows
Wednesday - 3:20pm @ Rosecrest Park
Thursday - Leave HS to California at 6:00am
A couple of things to know for newbies:
- We are staying at a the Fairfield Inn in West Covina CA.
- You need money for food and snacks, other than the breakfasts provided by the hotel.
- I have to have the permission slip signed and in my hands before we leave.
- Don't forget your running shoes and racers. You might want road shoes or blank spikes in your spikes for the race.
- You need to have parents excuse you or do a vacation release for Thursday and Friday if you haven't already, (this is not a Jordan District activity, it is through Provo High).
- You need to be caught up on classwork and assignments before you leave.
- Do NOT test rules on this trip, especially in the hotels or you will be going home via parents.
- We will get back to the HS late Sunday night.
- Let's go have fun, race hard, and be the most respectful and well behaved team there!